Photo and Art Prompts to Inspire Creativity in all Forms
For artists, bloggers, poets, writers and students
ART + PHOTOGRAPHY = INSPIRATION

Image Prompt: The Bride

Art Title: The Bride © Adebanji Alade
Visit his blog to see additional artwork.
And, his website: HERE and other blog: HERE
The artist lives in Kent, London, United Kingdom, and specializes in
painting, illustration and photography, and also has a passion
for sketching people on the tube and train.
~
Please Note
The artist, Adebanji, has an opportunity to travel to
New York, but he needs your vote to win.
All you have to do is sign-up with your email
and vote for Adebanji Alade.
It's that simple. The deadline is today.
Click HERE and vote.
~
Artwork used with permission from Adebanji Alade.

10 comments:

readingsully2 said...

A bright colorful
African bride clings to her
culture so proudly.

dominique eichi said...

I DO .

James Parker said...

2=1

With serenity and calm,
This young woman quietly tends,
To the ceremonial duties,
Of the journey she'll begin.

The vows between her loved one,
And her will soon take place,
Asking God's unswerving guidance,
And His never-ending Grace.

And then from that day forward,
In her role as loving wife,
She'll no longer need to walk alone,
Down the winding road of life.

Patsy said...

When I look at this picture of a young woman whose whole face I cannot see because it is in shadow... when I see erratic slaps of vivid color.... geometric angeles...... not one single gentle curve...........

I do not think of a bride. This picture is not serene and it is not happy. She is not smiling. She is off-kilter. One arm behind her back, as in maybe ”tied“

I see fire but not cheer and not warmth.


~Lorna

WHY? said...

I voted for the artist who painted this beautiful artwork.

She looks like a child. A child bride was once the norm in many cultures, and perhaps is still the norm in some. But, she will sacrifice her childhood. That part of life that I believe is necessary. I don't know. I know that much of our beliefs are culturally defined. But, a child bride just seems wrong in every way.

Unknown said...

and from this day
i am no longer my own
was i ever?
no

Caroline said...

A bride in blue!
Yes, it's true.
She is ready to say...I do!
But, are you?

Cecile/DreamCreateRepeat said...

One of Five

I am one of five
in my homeland
Nigeria

One of five girls
who marry under
age 15

One of five wives
married to the
same old man

My bounty is
no HIV
wide hips for babies
and little schooling

I would rather be
a modern Nigerian girl
still in school
marrying "late"

Shadows are no shield
for one in five.

http://www.dci-nig.org/docs/NIGERIA%20-%20child%20marriage.pdf

GlorV1 said...

I love the painting of the blue June bride. Thx for sharing.

Art Fan Ako said...

I like the ethnic feel this image presents.

 

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds